ulm 07

[/wide] Paperback: 39 pages

The Ulm School of Design (Hochschule für Gestaltung) was a college of design based in Ulm, Germany.
Founded in 1953 by Inge Aicher-Scholl, Otl Aicher and Max Bill, the latter being first Rector of the school and a former student at the Bauhaus. The HfG quickly gained international recognition and is now viewed as being second only to the Bauhaus as the most influential school of design. During its operation from 1953–1968, new approaches to the design process were implemented within the departments of Product Design, Visual Communication, Industrialized Building, Information and Filmmaking.
The HfG building was designed by Max Bill and remains intact today as a historically important and functional building under the auspices of Foundation Ulm. The HfG was one of the most progressive educational institutions of design in the decades of the 50s and 60s and a pioneer in the study of semiotics.
The history of HfG evolved through innovation and change, in line with their own self-image of the school as an experimental institution. This resulted in numerous changes in the content, organization of classes and continuing internal conflicts that influenced the final decision of closing the HfG in 1968.[1] Although the school ceased operation after fifteen years, the ′Ulm Model′ continues to have a major influence on international design education.

ウルム造形大学(Hochschule fur gestaltung ulm)1953-1968年

バウハウス出身のマックス・ビルが初代校長となり、 バウハウスの理念を継承し、機能主義的な造形を基本とした。 プロダクト・デザイン、建築、ヴィジュアル・コミュニケーション、インフォメーション、映画制作部門の5つの学科から構成されていた。

Post Your Thoughts

このサイトはスパムを低減するために Akismet を使っています。コメントデータの処理方法の詳細はこちらをご覧ください